Category: Marketing Management
Type of Position: Consultant (open to advertising and marketing companies or consultants)
Contract Start Date: May 1 Contract Durations: Variable
Dot Com Zambia (www.dczambia.com) is an e-commerce technology company that provides a world class platform where Zambians can come to find anything they might want to buy. The business is currently divided into two divisions:
- International (personal shopping, B2B procurement and shipping services from the U.S, U.K and China)
- Domestic (Online Stores operated by Dot Com Zambia and independent local Zambian Businesses with distribution and logistics managed by DHL and EMS)
On May1 2014, Dot Com Zambia shall be officially launching the Dot Com Zambia Online Shopping Mall. Currently more than 15 local Zambian businesses are using/ or will be using Dot Com Zambia’s propriety technology to sell and distribute their goods electronically, Some of the stores include VideoMart (www.videomartzambia.com), Ama Laptops (www.amalaptops.com), My Zambian Books (www.myzambianbooks.com), IGWT Technologies (www.igwtzambia.com), Cellsite and many more.
The marketing management company will be responsible for the creation and execution of their select marketing project, within their allocated budget, on behalf of Dot Com Zambia as well as third parties who are operating storefronts in the online shopping mall.
Companies may bid for Individual contracts or multiple contracts. The Bids will be reviewed by Dot Com Zambia and the third parties operating online storefronts on the Dot Com Zambia platform. As Therefore it is possible; Dot Com Zambia may select one company for a tender, while Store ABC selects a different company for the same type of work.
- Graphic Design/ Print Media
Creation of the “Deals of the Week” material. These publications are created weekly and come in two formats: An A4 flyer (used in print and e-mail campaign) and a 3X10 Newspaper Version
- Radio Campaign
The selected company will be responsible for the production of Dot Com Zambia’s radio commercials as well as be responsible for the subsequent placement of that advert on various radio stations. The commercial may be spoken word, a jingle or a combination of both in 30second or 60ssecond formats.
We strongly recommend that a company provides 3 bids (Gold, Silver, and Bronze)
A Gold Package bid for example may have a K1500 production fee for the commercial with a budget to have the commercial air 20 times a week on various Radio stations. The second bid (silver package) would be lower, but subsequently have less placement slots.
A company may include past productions in their bid submissions. However a big plus will be for companies that provides a custom demo..
- Television Campaign
The selected company will be responsible for the production of Dot Com Zambia television commercials and the subsequent placement of those adverts on television. We strongly recommend that a company provides 3 bids (Gold, Silver, and Bronze)
A Gold Package for example may have a K3000 production fee for the commercial with a budget to have the commercials air 10 times a week on various TV stations and Programs. The packages (silver and bronze) would come in at a significantly lower price
Any shortlisted companies will be asked to pitch their television campaign concept.
- Public Relations and Event Management
The selected company will be responsible for all public relations and event management for Dot Com Zambia and its partners. The selected company must demonstrate a track record of brand building and a visible network with the media.
Minimum size is 5X3 on prime roads in Lusaka- All bids must be submitted per billboard and include the set-up fee and monthly rental amount
The following tenders have not yet been allocated a budget, but companies are free to make bids on these projects.
1) Documentary (for television and online) – A 15 minute documentary based on one of the following themes: “Dot Com Zambia and its role in the e-commerce industry in Zambia” or Behind the Scenes at Dot Com Zambia”. Documentary will be party informative and partly promotional (showing our facility, staff, partners like DHL and how easy it is to shop online).
2) Flyer and Print Material Distribution – This is a Tender to distribute 5000 to 10,000 pieces of marketing literature (Post Card Size to A4). This bid is a per cycle contract, Therefore bidders must explain their distribution strategy and time frame per cycle.
For companies who specialize in marketing strategies not covered (for example SMS campaigns, digital billboards, magazine placement). You can submit your bids for consideration under our open submission category.
Please note that this is a competitive bidding process, but the lowest bid may not necessarily be the selected bid. Thus to evaluate your bid, the following qualitative areas will play a critical factor and they include:
- Company experience
- Understanding of the assignment
- Demonstration that the firm will generate ROI for Dot Com Zambia and its partners as measured by factors such as increased sales, increased inquiries, increased brand awareness, increased brand exposure and increased website traffic.
- Quality of the marketing portfolio/ past work done by the company
- Location of the Billboards
Interested applicants must submit the following:
1) Company Profile (including the contact information for senior management)/ For consultants, a written biography and C.V
2) Bid Submission- This should be in a proposal format outlining the tender(s) you are bidding for, the bid price and brief outline of the deliverables Dot Com Zambia and its partners will receive for your respective bid price. (This explains what you intend to do, how you will do it and what the expected results will be).
3) Trade References
4) Marketing Portfolio- Where Applicable, Submit any material that you may have created that demonstrates your proficiency in the chosen area. Examples of material that may appear in a portfolio include
- Print content like flyers, brochures and other client facing written visual material
- Press Statements or formal communication
- Digital Marketing Material like YouTube, videos, radio adverts
- Television and Radio productions
- Where possible, creating and submitting a custom portfolio using Dot Com Zambia as an example will be a BIG plus.
Submissions may be delivered via e-mail, by mail or in person to:
Dot Com Zambia, Plot # 30 Manda Hill Road, Olympia Park, Lusaka, Zambia
Only selected companies/Individuals will be contacted.
Deadline: April 15th, 2014
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO OPEN A PDF VERSION OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION
EXAMPLE 1 OF PROPOSAL SUBMISSION USING PPC ADVERTISING
This is just an example highlighting the sort of information that we need, not the exact format to be used. We need to know what tender you are bidding for, the cost, what you intend on delivering in relation to your bid price and measure for success (if any). Examples of prior work must also be included as part of the marketing portfolio.
Name of Company: DCZ Marketing
Tender Category: PPC Advertising and Placement
Bid Amount: K6000 a month
|Category||Description of Tender Submission|
|Strategy Objective||Increase Web traffic to Dot Com Zambia from an average of 10,000 visitors a month to 50,000 a month over two years|
|Strategy Type||Online Advertising|
|Bid||K6000 a month|
|ROI/ Deliverables||At a budget of K6000 a month, the outcome should translate to no less than 15,000 visitors a month to the Dot Com Zambia website.|
|Medium 1:||Banner Adverts on Facebook|
|Medium 2:||Banner Advert on Zambian orientated websites (i.e. The Post Newspaper, Lusaka times etc)|
|Strategy Measure||Visible and direct increase in web traffic from the placement sources to the Dot Com Zambia website as measured by analytics software|
Sample: Facebook Banner Adverts
Insert any commentary you may have about your bid here