Job Title: Operations and Sales Associate (Part Time)
Location: Orange, CT (USA)
Dot Com Zambia is an online personal shopping company for clients living in Zambia wishing to make online purchases from retailers in the U.S. Those purchases are processed and consolidated in our Connecticut office and then exported to the satellite office in Lusaka, Zambia. In addition to its personal shopping, export and shipping services, Dot Com Zambia also has an online store and auction platform that is utilized by third party sellers in the U.S and Zambia.
The operations and sales associate will work within the sales, marketing, operations and customer service function for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
• Find out the customer’s needs:
o Recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise
o Describe product features and benefits
• Communicate, mostly through e-mail and IM, with customers to answer questions, explain information, take orders and address complaints and/or resolve client concerns
• Preparing and transmitting quotations to new and prospective clients, and confirming quotes generated by the quote calculator on the Dot Com Zambia website:
• Processing client orders from various online stores.
• Maintaining and updating records relating to client orders such as sale price, cost of goods sold, shipping costs.
• Follow up on unfulfilled quotations and online purchases that are pending payment
• Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as shipping and receiving, consolidating orders, data entry, updating order status on Dot Com Zambia intranet, preparing export documents, processing and filing paperwork, tracking office and other select expenses.
• Other duties as required and determined by management such as assisting with marketing support, preparing reports and conducting business analysis.
• Passion and high energy levels!!
• Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to capture detailed process and communicate in an accessible manner to a range of audiences
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Dynamic, flexible and multi-skilled individual who can handle the multiple roles required of an employee working for a small business.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Ability to collaborate with diverse team members located around the world.
• Superior computer skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Position is part time with some flexibility to work remotely from time to time. However preferred hours are between 6am to 12pm, expect Fridays which can be all day or from 12PM to 5PM.
• Average # of Hours: 25
• Successful candidate will work independently in a small office with minimal supervision. Interaction with other employees located in Zambia and the UK is done mainly through-e-mail and IM. A second part time employee as well as the Managing Director may be at the office from time to time.
• Base Compensation Range: $10.00 to $12.50 per hour
• Variable Compensation: Yes, based on individual and group sales
• Growth Opportunities: Yes, hours, role and pay may increase as required and on merit.
• Office Location: 284 Racebrook Rd, Orange, CT
Interested applicants may submit a resume and/or additional material that support their application to Dot Com Zambia. Additional materials may include, but is not limited to, cover letters, videos via YouTube, writing or work samples. The sky is the limit and non-traditional applications are welcome and to a certain degree encouraged.
Please submit your application, in one e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Dot Com Zambia LLC
Dot Com Zambia LLC is a corporation with offices in Connecticut, Wales and Lusaka, Zambia. The company has three business units. Its largest business unit is Dot Com Zambia (www.dczambia.com) an online personal shopping company for clients living in Zambia wishing to make online purchases from retailers in the U.S, and around the word that can deliver their goods to the U.S. Zed Football Millionaire an internet sports entertainment company with a global presence, and finally the Milestone Group which owns and manages rental property in CT. Dot Com Zambia, through its founder and CEO, is also a sponsor of Zambian Entrepreneur (www.zambianentrepreneur.com), an organization that matches venture capitalists and lenders to entrepreneurs with good ideas.
Click the link below to open a PDF of the Job Description
DCZ operations and sales associate position 4-6